Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sunday Social - All About Food - Yummy!!


1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Man I am not sure that I could only pick one this.  I sure do love me some food!! Since I have to pick I think..ummmm....probably...(said in my Kid Clammy voice) Nope can't do it.  I am not usually a commitment phob but I have to in this case!

2. What's your guilty pleasure/comfort food?
Mexican Food.  Love me some chips, salsa, rice, beans, and margaritas!

3. What's the weirdest/craziest thing you've ever eaten?
Probably the fried squid from our science dissection in the 8th grade.  I also wrote my name with the ink!

4. What foods do you avoid at all costs?
Sushi.  Man have I tired but every time I gag and get sick. 

5. What meal reminds you of your childhood?
Green Mashed Potatoes and Hot Dogs.  I used to ask for it every year on my birthday and my dad hated it but would eat it because it was my special day!!

6. Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it.
Pineapple Delight.  My mom has made it for years and everybody loves it!

Ingredients

    Crust

    1. 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
    2. 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted

    Filling

    1. 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
    2. 1/2 cup icing sugar
    3. 2 eggs

    Topping

    1. 1 cup whipping cream, fresh
    2. 1 teaspoon vanilla
    3. 1 tablespoon icing sugar
    4. 1 (19 ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained

Directions

  1. Crust: Mix graham crackers and butter together.
  2. Press into 9 x 13 inch pan.
  3. Bake in 250f degree oven for 15 minutes.
  4. Cool.
  5. Filling: In a bowl, cream together butter and icing sugar.
  6. Add eggs and beat well.
  7. Spread over cooled crust.
  8. Bake in 350f degree oven for 25 minutes.
  9. Cool.
  10. Topping: Beat together whipping cream, vanilla and icing sugar until stiff.
  11. Fold in pineapple.
  12. Spread over filling.
  13. Sprinkle extra graham wafer crumbs on top for a finishing touch.
  14. Chill.





No comments: