Tuesday, May 6, 2014

April & May Goals

Checking in with April's Goals...

Continue to try and save more $$ and get on a better budget.  This means less spending! But in my defense trying to replenish a food supply in a completely empty house is not cheap! So this is an ok one for me.  I spent way too much money on pictures of my kids this month - but in my defense they are some pretty cute kids.  However I was able to stash some $$ in savings so that's a plus!

Continue getting more settled at home.  More unpacking, organizing, and getting settled.  We are making progress.  We got the last 20' container emptied and I made a small dent in the boxes and even got some pictures hung on the walls.  

Continue to get on track with a healthier lifestyle - eating, better, working out, drinking shake-o  I am making progress on this one too.  While I am far from perfect, I have lost some weight and inches.  I still have a wayyyysss to go but I know that I can do this!  I have been working out at least 3 days a week and drinking my shake-o everyday so that part is a total win!

Continue to build my business as a coach  This is another ok for me.  I am becoming more confident with myself and talking to people but I still have a ways to go.  I have made contacts and finished my coaching courses so I am on my way!

Blog as much as possible! - Fail!!  I didn't blog as much as I wanted too - but I am going to keep trying!  I did do my very first guest post last month with was nerve racking and fun all at the same time!  Thanks to Morgan for having me!

Continue taking care of me - be proud of myself instead of over down and hard on myself. This will always be a work in progress but I can say that I am proud of myself for working out 3 days a week, I am proud of the mom that I am - just to name one or two!

Start the #1800minutechallenge - I don't know about you but I signed up to join Erin from Living in Yellow and some other fabulous ladies for the great challenge.  We are supposed to work out for 1800 minutes from April 1st till May 30th.  This works out to be about 30 minutes a day.  Sounds like a good time to get together and link up with a bunch of people looking to get healthier!! - This has been so much fun -seeing every one's #'s and such on Twitter and Instagram.  While I am not convinced that I will make all 1800 minutes it is still helping me to be more active than I have been in a very, very, very, long time!!  I am 538 minutes in, but its better than nothing!

May Goals -

Here we go for May!

Celebrate my Hubby - This is his birthday month and so we are celebrating twice!

Mother's Day - Celebrate the wonderful Mother's in our lives with our annual camping brunch. 

#1800minutechallenge - do my very best to complete - or at least get over half way!!  At this rate I probably won't make it to all 1800 minutes - but this challenge has definitely gotten me off the couch more than normal so there is an upside!

Pray - Religion is not something that I talk about personally very often.  I have my beliefs as so many others, but I find them very personal.  I have been wanting to explore religion and a relationship with God a little more lately so this is something that I working on.  Baby steps for sure - so for now I am working on my prayers!

Repeat - Some of the above goals - ie - taking care of me (finally got a pedi), building a business etc.

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff - I try not to let things bother me to much - but I do need to remind myself that there are a lot of things out of my control and I just "let it go" life would be a tiny bit less stressful! 

More Unpacking - Yes I know how bad this sounds - but I still have unpacking to do.  I try to do a couple boxes a week - so hopefully I can keep up with that!!

I know I am not the only one who is thinking - where the heck did the month of May come from!  It's crazy how fast the time is flying!!  Here's to a great month!!




No comments: