Wednesday, September 12, 2018

A Day of Firsts...

So it's no secret that I am terrible at consistent posting (or posting at all for that matter).
Many times I feel like I want to or need to write a post but then I think - what would I write about?  What would I share? So I think it needs to be more about remembering.  I am terrible about writing things down about the kids - things they do, things they say, accomplishments, failures - so many things.  So we will start with last year's (yes one year ago) First Day of School!!

Sissy - had her last 1st day of preschool.  She was wrapping up her time there to move on to EAK in January of 2018.  We loved her preschool - she had the same teacher as her older brother.    
Kid Clammy - he is headed to First Grade.  How can this be!?!?!  I know everyone says "time flies" - but it really is no joke about how fast it really does go!

We were very excited for Kid Clammy to have his same teacher from Kinder!! She moved up to 1st grade this year and we are very happy about it!!

2018

To start out 2018 Sissy headed to EAK - Early Admission Kindergarten. She was very excited to start school.  This meant a new school, new teacher and a new haircut - that she gave herself.  (hopefully a whole other post coming on that).  

Sissy had a great time in EAK.  She loved her teacher, made new friends, and learned a bunch!! She is ready for Kinder - although I am not sure that I am.  

Fast Forward to September...

Moving on to a whole new school year... Kid Clammy is in Second Grade and so far we are off to a great start!  A new teacher this year that I think will be very good for him.  Sometimes we struggle with behavior in school (and out) so here's to hoping that a new teacher, new classroom management and probably a new teaching style will be a good thing for this guy!

This girl - my heart aches for how fast the time goes.  Can't believe my baby girl is an official Kindergartner.  She was so excited that her teacher from EAK was moving to her new school (same school as her brother).  She was even more excited to see a few familiar faces of her friends from EAK. 


Here's to a great school year my darling babes!!

No comments: