Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The Hair Cut

As a mom - I do the best I can.  Sometimes I have #momfails sometimes I get things right!!  Other times - I am just trying to keep these humans alive!  Just when I think I started to get a handle on things...Sissy goes and throws me off my game!! 
We all hear the dreaded horror stories of our precious children cutting their own hair!!  Now don't get me wrong - I wasn't thinking that this wasn't going to happen to me - but I was surely hoping that it wouldn't!! And then it did!!  Just when I was thinking - man we made it to 4-3/4 years old with Sissy and she hasn't cut her hair once.  Maybe we will be one of  the lucky ones and she never will!!  This mama thought way too soon!!

It all started two days before Christmas.  We were hanging out at home, kids playing, getting ready for the holidays, probably doing a load or two of laundry.  Sissy asked if she could watch Disney as it was getting close to bed time.  I turned on the t.v. in our bedroom and off I went to switch clothes to the dryer or something.  A bit later I can back in the room and something caught my eye.  Something did not look right!!  That's when I noticed!! In complete and total mom panic- I asked - "Did you cut your hair?"  In which Sissy responded with hiding under the covers.  Well if that isn't a giveaway I don't know what is!!  

I will admit my reaction was less than stellar - I freaked out!!  Especially when I saw how much of her hair she cut!!  It was the back, the sides, and the bangs - oh the bangs!!  I lost it - I cried, she cried, my husband thought we were both nuts!! It was a very traumatic evening in our house!  
Below are the pictures of the haircut!!  

The first photo being what her hair looked like a few days before!
(not the greatest but it will give you an idea)



And now the new hair cut!! 





After these photos - I did my best to fix it up as much as possible! We cut off the one long strand in the back to make it even and did a little touch up on the sides.  It took about a full day before I could laugh about it and say it was only a matter of time. 


A few weeks later at the start of EAK in January.  


Fast forward to 9 months later and we have made progress...



I know that I am not the only mama out there to go through this!!  Do you have a funny story to share?


No comments: