Thursday, October 2, 2014

When I grow up...

Day 2. Dream job when you were little/ what is it now?


When I grow up I want to be a movie star!  Ha just kidding.  When I was a kid I wanted to be a doctor - I really like the idea of helping people and making them better when they were injured and or sick.  Then one day I was watching a movie or ER or something and the doctor had to tell the family that their loved one had just passed and I cried right along with the fake T.V. family.  It was then that I realized that being a doctor was not for me.  I couldn't and wouldn't tell a family that someone has past away, that I had done everything I could to save them and failed.  It wasn't working for me.  

Moving on up to a few years later I had a wonderful teacher who inspired me and a few that were terribly awful.  It was then I decided that an teacher is what I wanted to be.  I wanted kids to have that person who inspired them to always do their best and teach them new and wonderful things.  I wanted to make sure that they didn't have to have at least one teacher who wouldn't ruin school for them.  So a teacher is what I would become (well eventually - one day).  Let's just say I went to college, got my bachelors, had burn out - went to hair school - got my cosmetology license, went back to get my teaching credential - have that now and well I sell doors and windows! 

So one day when I am all grown up - I want to be a teacher!


Helene in Between Blogtober

1 comment:

Angie said...

Isn't it funny how our lives usually don't turn out anything like we envision in our youth?